About Duc Phong Company
1. Introduction of the company
- The company was established on 15 March 1993 with its former entity of the Enterprise of Producing and Trading of Exporting Bamboo Products and its name was changed into Duc Phong Co., Ltd. In August 2001 (with the Business register number 27000/86. The main business of the company is producing, processing and vocational training of bamboo handicraft products for exporting.
- Its establishment was within a context of a trend that the bamboo craft was losing because of the collapse of the East Europe market in 1989-1992. The labor of this craft was in its way of leaving for other occupations and at that time, in the whole province, there were only more than 100 households who knew the craft. With great efforts and methods, the company has gradually recovered and developed the craft and up to now, its products have been exported to 34 countries and the company’s reputation starts to be recorded. By the present, the company has conducted more than 900 training courses for over 20,000 trainees; therefore, there are now 4,000 persons knowing the craft instead of the former number of 100 households. In addition, from the former fact that there was no craft village in the whole province, there are presently over 100 craft villages which are recognised by the provincial People’s Committee with the number of bamboo craft villages of 31.
- For those achievement and contributions, the company has been awarded many times by the Central Party and the Government
2. The company’s facilities
- Currently, the company’s Head Office is located in Block 15, Nghi Phu Industrial Zone, Vinh City, Nghe An Province with the total ground area of 6000 m2, 500 m2 of office area, 3000 m2 of producing area, 200 m2 of canteens and accommodations for workers and 2300 m2 of ground floor.
- In addition, the company has Dong Tam Training Center which is in the same location with the Head Office. For the past 3 years, the Center has conducted 83 training courses with 2,808 trainees, most of whom are working for Duc Phong in craft villages.
- Besides, the Center organises short training classes annually to equip craft villages’ managers with professional knowledge and skills for improving their production effectiveness
3. Business Concept- Bringing Viet Nam to the World
Providing consumers all around the world with decorating products and essential daily-use applications made from natural materials available in Nghe An province in particular and in Viet Nam in general and by skillful hands of craftpersons.
4. Company’s vision
- Duc Phong Co. has identified its direction for the next coming years of satisfying the demands of consumers worldwide of a nice, warm, convenient house which is friendly with the environment and with Vietnamese values.
- The goal of the company is to become one of the country’s biggest bamboo handicraft companies with specialised products from bambusa which is contributing to the livelihood stability and development for the ethnic community in mountainous area in Nghe An Province.